Answered By: Reference and Research Desk Last Updated: Jan 06, 2015 Views: 19
As a general rule, the library does not order textbooks for each class as it would be costly as new editions are released each year. It is still worth checking to see if we have a particular textbook, or if we can order it in from another library for you.
To find a book, search Novanet to find out if any of the Novanet libraries own the book:
- Enter your search terms into search box at the top
- Look for the book title in the results list. If you find it, click on 'Locations and availability' under the title.
- You may need to look at the holdings for more than one library to locate an available copy:
- If the book is available for loan, the item status will have a green dot and say 'Available'. These books will be shelved on either the second or third floor of the library depending on the call number.
- If the book is available for loan from another Novanet library, click on the little plus sign next to the location. You can either go to that library to obtain the book, or use Novanet Express by clicking on 'Sign in to request" to have the book delivered to SMU.
For more information on using the Library, check out our online guides.