Answered By: Research Help Desk Last Updated: Oct 07, 2020 Views: 38
Please refer to the Virtual Services page for the most up to date information.
You can get books from the library by placing holds in the catalogue. To place a hold:
- Search for the book in the catalogue, and click on it.
- Scroll down to the yellow 'Sign in' bar (you only need to sign in once per session):
- In the next screen, enter the barcode number from your SMU ID card in the ‘Barcode’ field. In the ‘Password’ field, enter the last four digits of your phone number*:
- Click ‘Login’*.
- The next screen will look similar to the first image above. Click 'Place a hold' to request the book:
- Choose SMU as the pick up location from the drop down menu:
- Click 'Hold'.
You will get an email from the Library when the book is available for curbside pick up. Pick up times are 12pm-5pm Monday to Friday.
*If you are having problems logging into the catalogue, or have any questions, please email the Circulation desk at email@example.com.