Answered By: Research Help Desk
Last Updated: Mar 28, 2018     Views: 131

Many professors require that students use scholarly (also called peer reviewed or academic) sources in their assignments. For key characteristics to help you identify scholarly publications, see the Library's Scholarly Journals vs Popular Magazines vs Trade Publications guide or the Scholarly Journals online tutorial.

If you need research assistance, go to the Library's Research Help desk, or call us at 902-420-5544, send an email to, or chat with a Novanet librarian on Live Help. You can also check out our LibGuides for tips searching within your topic.