Answered By: Reference and Research Desk Last Updated: Jun 04, 2019 Views: 31
You can place a hold on a book that is signed out to another patron. To place a hold:
- Search for the book in the catalogue.
- Click on the 'Find in Library/Request' tab to display the available locations.
- Click on the arrow next to SMU to expand the selection.
- Click on ‘Sign in to request’ on the right hand side:
- In the next screen, enter the barcode number from your SMU ID card in the ‘Barcode’ field. In the ‘Password’ field, enter the last four digits of the phone number you gave us when you got your ID card*:
- Click ‘Login’*.
- The next screen will look similar to the first image above. Click 'Hold' on the right (where you clicked to sign in) to request the book.
- The next screen will ask you to choose the pick up location from the drop down menu (SMU will be at the top):
- Click 'Hold'.
You will get an email from the Library when the book is available to pick up.
*If you are having problems logging into the catalogue, please call the Circulation desk at 420-5547.