Answered By: Reference and Research Desk Last Updated: Jan 22, 2016 Views: 135
The Access Services Department has a student staff of 15 to 20 members who assist full-time staff in providing patron service at our Circulation Desk. Student Assistants also assist with the shelving and maintenance of the Library's collection under staff supervision. Candidates must be full time Saint Mary's students.
Student Assistants are scheduled for day, evening, and weekend hours. The average schedule is 10 hours per week.
Some of the qualities we look for include:
- A positive and responsible attitude
- Promptness and dependability
- A strong aptitude for customer service
- Ability to perform detailed tasks with and without supervision
- Ability to perform repetitive, but essential tasks
If you are interested in applying for a position at the Library, please watch for our postings at the Student Employment Centre.