Answered By: Reference and Research Desk Last Updated: Jan 07, 2015 Views: 57
SMU alumni are welcome to use the following library resources:
- Novanet catalogue (also available off-campus)
- e-books and e-journals (in-library use on guest computers only)*
- most research databases (in-library use on guest computers only)*
- print collections
- microform and microform readers
- photocopiers, printers and fax machine
- reference and research services
*Off-campus access to SMU's electronic materials and research databases is restricted to currently registered SMU students, faculty, and staff.
SMU alumni can still borrow books. As part of Nova Scotia's Borrow Anywhere Return Anywhere (BARA) policy, members of the public (Nova Scotia residents 19 or older) may use a public library card to borrow materials at any Novanet library. If you do not have a public library card, we can issue what is called an off-campus borrower's card.
If you need an off-campus borrower's card, you can obtain one at the Library's Circulation Desk. In most cases, you need only present an official photo ID that includes proof of Nova Scotia residence, such as a driver's license. Please note: any outstanding library fees must be paid before borrowing privileges are reinstated.
- Basic loan period is three weeks for books and one week for periodicals and DVDs.
- Reserve and reference materials are not available for loan.
- Material may be renewed three times, unless an item is on hold or has been recalled for use by another borrower.
- Holds may be placed on material that is signed out.
- Materials may be borrowed from any Novanet library in-person or by using the document delivery service Novanet Express.
- Alumni are not eligible for Inter-Library Loan or book recall privileges
- Materials may be returned at any Novanet library or public library in Nova Scotia.
For more information about borrowing materials from the Library, please contact the Circulation Desk at 420-5547 or email at email@example.com.