Answered By: Reference and Research Desk Last Updated: Jan 26, 2016 Views: 27
You can request a book that belongs to another library through Novanet Express. Through this free service you can order books from all Novanet Libraries, which includes all the college and university libraries in Nova Scotia.
From the catalogue:
- Search for the book.
- Under the title, click 'Locations and availability'
- Click the plus sign next to the library you want to order from
- Click on ‘Sign in’ on the left hand side of the screen
- In the next screen, enter the barcode number from your SMU ID card in the ‘Barcode’ field*. In the ‘Password’ field, enter the last four digits of the phone number you gave us when you got your ID card*.
- Under 'Request options', click 'Hold'.
You will get an email from the Library when the book is available.
*If you are having problems logging into the catalogue, please call the Circulation desk at 420-5547.