RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool that allows you to collect, edit, and organize your bibliographic citations as you research and lets you create and format bibliographies.
How to Access RefWorks:
Login to your personal RefWorks account
- First-time users will need to sign up for an individual account.
- Go to the RefWorks Login page and enter your personal login-name and password.
- If accessing RefWorks from off-campus, you will need to enter the Saint Mary's Group Code: RWStMaryU.
Contact the Research Help desk for assistance: 902-420-5544.
Use RefWorks to:
- Import bibliographic references from the Library's Novanet catalogue.
- Import references from the Library's journal databases.
- Manually enter references.
- Create folders in which to collect, store, and organize your references.
- Generate bibliographies or reference lists using recognized citation styles such as APA, MLA, etc.
- Share your references or bibliographies with colleagues or other researchers.
- Insert and format citations within an essay using Write-N-Cite, a free downloadable plug-in for MS-Word.
Links to Guides and Help: