Answered By: Research Help Desk Last Updated: May 29, 2017 Views: 16
Note: About 1/3 of the third floor where we shelve journals now belongs to the Change Lab Action Research Institute (CLARI). Most of our in-print journals are now housed in storage in three locations: in the SMU library basement (catalogue will say Library Storage), at the Atlantic School of Theology (catalogue will say AST Storage), and at a facility in Burnside (catalogue will say Offsite Storage). Please inquire at the Circulation desk about retrieving journals in storage.
To search for journals:
- Go to Advanced search in the catalogue.
- Change the second drop down menu to Subject.
- Type the subject you are looking for and the term 'periodicals'.
- You can change the Search Scope to St. Mary's University to limit to just our holdings, or search Everything which will find all journal holdings in the Novanet system. You can request copies of articles for free from other libraries.
- Click the Search button.
- Click on the Find in Library/Request tab under the journal title.
- It will say Serials Collection if the journal is available in print, Electronic Resources if available online, Library Microform if available on microfilm or microfiche, or Storage as outlined in the note above.
- Expand the holdings by clicking the + next to the owning institution for more information.
If you require assistance, contact the Research Help desk either in person, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 902-420-5544.